King’s College London is one of the most prestigious universities in London and there is an opportunity for you to benefit from the King’s Nigerian Law Scholars Fund which is designed to help students from Nigeria undertake the one-year LL.M. Law programme at King’s. The scholarship is worth £25,000 and is intended to help towards the cost of tuition fees for the year, as well as living costs whilst studying.
The award has been established by a friend of King’s who would like to support residents of Nigeria who wish to study law at King’s. This fund is intended to give students the opportunity to further their legal careers in an internationally recognised centre of excellence.
The winner will be selected on the basis of a personal statement as well as demonstrable financial need. Applicants must have a confirmed place to study the one-year LL.M. Law programme at King’s College London in September 2017. Note that the deadline for submission of applications to the King’s LL.M. program is the 31st of March 2017. (More details on the LL.M. application process)
This Fund is open to residents of Nigeria only. The scholarship is worth £25,000 and will cover the full cost of tuition fees for the year, as well as a living costs allowance.
For 2017-18 one scholarship of £25,000 will be available.
What does the scholarship offer?
The scholarship is intended to support the winner with the full cost of tuition fees and provide a living costs allowance whilst studying. For international students, the scholarship will be worth £25,000. This will comprise £22,800 to cover full tuition fees and £2,200 towards living costs.
Am I eligible?
Eligible students must be:
- be undertaking the one year LL.M. Law programme at King’s, 2017 entry;
- be able to demonstrate a need for financial assistance;
- have provided a written personal statement;
- be ordinarily resident in Nigeria, and be liable for the international rate of tuition fees at King’s;
- be intending to return to Nigeria on completion of studies, to share the skills gained whilst studying at King’s;
- be willing to provide an end of year report and a letter of thanks to the donor.
How do I apply?
- The application form should be completed, scanned and emailed to email@example.com.
- Alternatively it may be posted to the Student Funding Office,
- You must submit a word/pdf version of your supporting statement. This should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications for the scholarship is 13 April 2017.
Where can I get further information?
To find out more about the scholarship scheme, please contact the Student Funding Office.
For more information please visit the official website of the scholarship.
Good luck and please share even if you are not eligible to apply!